Friday 24 June 2011

May/June 2011 – Some more comps

I have continued to climb well recentley.  I completed all of the Summer Boulder League problems at the Depot in one session scoring 281/300 to lead this comp from my friend Seb Smith going into the second round. The  British Bouldering Team Manager had enquired if I was going to compete in the Summer Rockfest Comp at Rockover Climbing in Manchester,  so I did. In this very well attended comp I finished in 10th place overall which doesn’t sound so special but this was a comp in which Dave Barrans and James Garden did not make the last 6 cut for the final, so I was pleased with my result.
The following week it was the Bloc Party Comp at City Bloc. Ben and Martin had set some excellent problems as usual. They also redesigned the comp wall ready for this event and with a full repaint it looked really good. I was still classed as a junior in this event , so I  won the juniors by several points. What was better was that I was only  3 points off making the open male final which included the likes of Adam Watson, Tom Newman, Nigel Callender, James Garden, Dave and Adam Jeeworth.  Tom ended up winning in a close final.
I have also been back to the Deport for the second round of the Summer Boulder League and I managed to flash  29 out of 30 problems and got the other one on my second go scoring 297/300.
I have been going down to Rokt in Brighouse fairly often recentley and things are really coming on there. They have now got a big lead wall up and have a full programme of top setters going in over the next year. I am to be doing a weeks work experience from college  there at the begining of July so I am looking forward to that.
No more exams til 2012J

No comments:

Post a Comment